Awareness definition for me is to know about your daily life and all the people, things, material, objects, and anything else you come across in your daily life. Having awareness in life is like having a Torch in hand in the dark. Awareness is light of life that provides a path for it to define the real meaning of you.
Awareness creation is not a one day process you have to program your mind to look behind the scenes. Having a creative mind for awareness is always a plus point in life. Awareness drives us always with consciousness not just in our daily life but in our study, Career, and relationship too.
Why awareness is important
To me, awareness is not only important, but it is also the most important and first skill you must develop to achieve any lasting and significant growth.
Do you want to know Why?
Without awareness about yourself, you cannot spot your own unhelpful patterns and also just as important, your own strengths, and thus you won’t be able to make any change or use them.
Without awareness about others, you cannot spot their unhelpful patterns and their strengths and help them to change, to know themselves, or simply to support them.
Without awareness about yourself and others, you cannot be aware of the dynamics of the relationships between you and others and the helpful and unhelpful patterns that are running and make them better.
Without awareness about the larger environment around you, you cannot spot potential hazards and opportunities that come your way and avoid or capture them.
Awareness and Knowledge
Type of Awareness
1) Awareness of Self: To about yourself and accepting as you are. It helps to really find our true value and how to increase it. Our strengths and weakness depending on how much aware we are about ourselves.
2) Awareness of Others: If you know how a person is, you can decide to either be with him or stay away from him. In either way, you will be benefitted from having awareness about that person. No one cheats you if are aware and alert about other’s behavior. The best thing is that being more aware of others can help you become even more aware of yourself, and vice-versa.
3) Awareness of Environment: This type of awareness is the relationship between you, others, and the world at large. This helps you create and maintain relationships. Bonding with someone depends on how much you are aware of yourself, others, and the environment from where you two belong.
How awareness Helps for mental health
- It helps us to become proactive and encourage us to think positively and increase self-development.
- Awareness helps us to see things out of perspective.
- Awareness enhances our decision-making process.
- It can improve us in our career, Relationship, and life.
I’m not saying that we all need a top-level of awareness, but it gives you an idea of just what is possible and what isn’t impossible. Awareness building should be added to our daily practice to enhance our thought process and our activity.